Saturday 4 April 2009

The Dish ( Stone Gods)

http://www.the-dish.co.uk/2009/03/29/stone-gods-start-of-something

Stone Gods - Start of Something

Written by Holly Eells | Sunday, March 29, 2009 | ShareThis

Having a turn mill success with the Darkness, Dan Hawkins and others have taken a different approach and have now formed a group known as the Stone Gods. Offering us a more of a heavy drum beat and putting in those electric flicks to make themselves sound nothing like the Darkness, I think they have nabbed this more in the bag. Replacing a new lead vocalist, it’s gone from a high pitched racket back to a sound it should be for the ears.

The intro of this track makes me feel like I have gone back to the 80s early 90s and giving me flashbacks of bands like Thin Lizzy and AC/DC.. It’s definitely an easy listening track that’s for sure which is more positive for these guys; I think they feel more comfortable in these shoes. However it’s not really my cup of tea, but don’t let me stop you from checking them out, maybe it’s the ‘ Start of Something’.

No comments: